- Conforms with, where appropriate the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Appliance plug sockets, USB points and a plug and play TP-Link Wifi access point.
- Designed with the environment in mind – Modulr Spaces are designed using some of the most sustainable, environmentally sound materials available. Materials such as expanded Cork, EPDM, Accoya, Kvadrat Textiles and SMILE plastics meet the highest standards of sustainability and in some cases are considered to be carbon negative.
- HEMSEC SIP’s (structural insulated panels) ensure very high thermal performance of the structural envelope and ensures lower heat loads and lower running costs.
- Long materials warranties and a 20 year structural warranty from our structural engineers ensures that the life cycle of this garden room exceeds many others available today with minimal maintenance.
M4: Footprint 11.25m2 | External: 375cm x 300cm
My Space | Tall
A place to work out. A space to work in. A taller, equally versatile outdoor office, artist’s studio or gym that’s awash with natural light.
Price on application.
HEADROOM TO MOVE
An amazingly versatile, compact with extra headspace personal place for work, rest or play that meets the highest internal acoustic performance standards – so peace and quiet’s guaranteed.
CO2 - Eco+
ULTRA LOW CARBON FOOTPRINT
Reduces your carbon footprint using a high-performance insulated structure to radically cut heat loss and associated environmental impact.
BUILT TO LAST
Designed by professionals for all year round use. Fully Fitted Out. Specification and use of high performance finishes with long life spans including Accoya and EPDM.
CLASS LEADING PERFORMANCE
Superb insulative performance in every design detail: from HEMSEC SIPS-based construction and energy-efficient heating to healthy natural ventilation.
Your stylish and sustainable personal workspace, conceived and created for a whole new way of working.
Modulr Space – now you can work from home with no need to compromise or improvise. As ‘remote working’ becomes the ‘new normal’, we think people deserve (and need) something far superior to the kitchen table, spare room or even the usual kind of ‘garden office’.
Designed by our top-flight team of architects and engineered by our structural engineers, our answer to that need is the Modulr range of garden offices. These are not just pretty spaces – each is a thing of beauty in its own right, conceived with creativity, comfort, inspiration and personal productivity in mind.
Modulr comes with impeccable eco-credentials too. Low-emission manufacturing processes and carbon-negative/fully recyclable materials, together with high-performance insulation, make them superbly sustainable in every detail. And because they don’t need a permanent concrete base, you can move them with ease without leaving a trace.
If you’re an individual working at home on a regular or permanent basis, this is the environment you deserve – and that true professionalism demands…
If you’re an employer planning ahead for the welfare of an increasingly remote-working team, Modulr offers an elegant, remarkably tax- and cost-efficient, ergonomically engineered and Health & Safety-compliant solution to the challenges of the Covid era – and beyond.
Designed for the Homeowner or for Business
Plug and Play
- Energy Saving, High Efficiency LED lighting from a premium manufacturer.
- Low Energy heating included in price.
- Appliance plug sockets and a plug and play TP-Link Wifi access point.
- NICEIC electrical testing and certification included.
- An Ergonomically correct work desk can be supplied as an additional cost option.
Cutting Edge Materials
- Acoustically controlled and fire treated internal ceiling lining by a premium manufacturer.
- RESITRIX hybrid EPDM single sheet membrane roof designed with a 50 Years lifespan and a 20 year material warranty.
- Optional extras available include a green sedum roof, Solar-Gain and glare control shades with metalised textile – 64% Solar Reflection. An Ergonomically correct work desk.
- External sidings in environmentally sound Accoya with a 25 year material warranty.
- High performance Thermal Glazing minimising heat loss.
- Toughened security glass and ‘Secured by Design’ accredited security locks by an award winning premium manufacturer.
- No concrete slab or concrete strip foundations required.
- Delivered to site as pre-fabricated elements to access tight spaces with very limited access.
- On-site installation – we aim to eliminate all wet trades ensuring a reasonably quick 3-4 day installation on site. Easily relocated to another property.
- Planning – designed under Permitted Development so no planning required in most instances. If Planning is required. Modulr Space Ltd work with a Planning Consultant who will be able to help for a set cost.
- Modular Build – 71% PIR insulation relative to the mass of the structure.
- Very low U-Value Calculation for thermal loss. The insulative value of our units exceeds that of those set out in Building Regulations for new build dwellings.
The finest high-performance, sustainable materials, sourced from across the globe.
We use Accoya in our Modulr Spaces designs as it has better environmental credentials than any other timber and is sourced from fast growing sustainable forests. Accredited by the FSC® and Cradle to Cradle Gold certified, its low emissions and low carbon footprint make it the most environmentally friendly timber on the market. Read More...
Vitsoe’s ethos is to create furniture to withhold the test of time by creating innovative design, robust materials and smart fabrication to circumvent the ‘throw away culture’ of our generation. The philosophy of pure, simple and effective design avoids being fashionable therefore, never antiquated. Read More...
Smile Plastics are a British Design & Manufacturing House specialising in decorative plastic panels handcrafted from local waste materials. Sharing Modulr Spaces' passion for sustainability - their panels are made from 100% recycled materials and are 100% recyclable giving their products superior environmental credentials. Read More...
Pure tree is one of the largest retailers of quality cork in the UK. Pure Tree is a family run UK business founded in 2011 with purpose-built manufacturing facilities in Devon. In our search for renewable and sustainable materials, we think cork represents one of the most sustainable and beautiful building materials around. Read More...
Kvadrat shades support comfortable working conditions by minimising glare and optimising visual, acoustic and thermal comfort in addition to providing natural light and views. They also comply with stringent standards on VOCs and harmful chemicals which can reduce productivity in the workplace. Read More...
Sunflex have over 20 years’ experience as a bifold and sliding door manufacturer. We specify the Sunflex award-winning aluminium systems for our Modulr Space as their products are renowned for their performance, aesthetic appeal and security, and they carry a range of prestigious accreditations and awards. Read More...
We specify RESITRIX hybrid EPDM rubber for our Modulr Space designs as it is often hailed as being the most environmentally friendly method of keeping the weather out. In their report, “Building for the Future” Greenpeace ranked EPDM membranes the highest for their low-environmental impact. EPDM is made from recycled rubber used in tyre manufacture. It is also 100% recyclable at the end of its lifecycle. Read More...
A business conceived and designed by an established architectural practice.
Modulr spaces have been designed by a team of architects and engineers committed to the delivery of well thought through, skilfully managed and sustainable architecture.
FDArchitecture have put their principles of sustainability, longevity and long structure lifecycle at the heart of their designs – innovation with integrity. Since its formation in 2005 FDA have worked with many of the world’s leading brands including Giorgio Armani, DKNY, Selfridges, Intercontinental Hotels, Virgin Atlantic and many more.
We are focused on meeting our customer’s needs and have created architectural solutions which we feel may reduce some of the current pressures on our homes.
FDArchitecture Ltd continues to develop our range of home working solutions. Look out for our forthcoming designs incorporating biophilic design principles, bringing your workspace closer to nature.
Explore the Modulr range
Environmentally-friendly, people-friendly and simply beautiful workspaces – architect-designed and engineered for the new normal.